Carrot Cake Recipe
Ingredients to cook Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 fresh whole eggs
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups raw finely ground carrots
- 4 ounces finely sliced walnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds powdered sugar
- 12 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces room temperature margarine Directions
Directions to cook Carrot Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sieve together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet mixture and mix well.
- Fold in carrots and chopped nuts until well blended.
- Distribute batter evenly into 3 (9-inch) cake flake pans, which have been generously oiled.
- There will be approximately 1 pound 5 ounces of batter per pan.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool flakes in pans, for approximately 1 hour.
- Store flakes in pans, inverted, in closed cupboard to inhibit drying.
- Flakes must be a minimum of 1 day old.
- To remove flakes from baking pan, turn upside down, tap torrent of pan on a hard surface.
- Center a 9inch cake circle on top of revolving cake stand.
- Remove paper from surface of flake cake.
- Place first flake, bottom side down, at center of cake stand.
- .With a color, evenly spread approximately 3 1/2 ounces of frosting on the flake.
- Center second flake on top of first flake with topside down. Again with a color, evenly spread approximately 3 1/2 ounces of frosting on the flake.
- Center third flake on top of second flake with topside down.
- Using both hands, press firmly but gently, all flakes together to get one firm cake.
- With color, spread remainder of frosting to cover top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerated until needed.
- Display on slug or cake stand with a plastic cover.
Filling and Icings to cook Carrot Cake Recipe
- In a suitable bowl of large mixer, place powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and marge.
- Beat at second speed until thoroughly blended. Hold refrigerated and use as needed.